Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Decade of Togetherness ...


Today when I see around my world from where I am, I am totally amazed thinking how it has changed me in duration of time., a world so different , so unique that it appears so small.. Yet so big … relations so far... yet so close. Each Moment spent is so special and when someone makes that special moment unforgettable, then that someone becomes special in your life. Every day as a routine, we wake up, get ready, go to work/college, come back home tired, attend calls, listen to songs, and crib about the government and corruption and go to sleep. We all have been doing this in life, but in between such a routine schedule, we bond ourselves with few people unknowingly so well that they change our lives completely. “FRIENDS” as we call them, put that beautiful smile on our faces, change our attitude, and teach you many things at every point in life... let it be a subject in college, Work at workplace, or help you make decisions.


There are these unforgettable moments with my Friends which I want to get back in life or recreate at least few of them if possible “Kyunki har ek friend chahe jaisa bhi ho , zaroori hota hai..”

The Moment as a kid in school enjoyed each moment with my dearest and only friend then Andrew (His Full name was Ruban Anbu Vahzhian Andrew) and the moment when I hugged my sister and cried when he passed away just to realize that she was the one whom God had already sent me as my best friend even before I was born. The moment when I came out of the cocoon , stepped out of my school and my house to see how the outside world looks and feels like. The days changed and so did my attitude which also changed from being an introvert to a completely open minded. Meeting Sreekanth at Gautami (My school of 11th and 12th) was probably the first step to bring in that change in life. The Long conversations at the community hall made our evenings , the fun times with Shashi and the pani poori’s that we shared roaming around the gullies of Gandhinagar is always missed.

But what the Graduation college did to me (which usually it does the best) was the best gift I would ever get. I got to know more people , try to understand their views of life , learning from mine as well as others experience and in the process got "Friends For Life". Still fresh in my mind is the day when I danced for the first ever time in life and danced continuously for nonstop 4 hours during our freshers party. Right from funny telugu songs and dialogues by Sreekanth, pretty little fights between Nikhil , Mahesh, Shashank and Rakesh, Roy being the Mr. brainy , funny incidents of Mr. Shy(varun) , power packed punches of Dilip , critics of sunder for me (he has been my best critic so far) and the charmness of Vamshi , each day was a refresher.. and the Conversations were endless.
The moments of useless boycott's which never lasted even 15 mins or the days of practices  for singing and skits just to get the woos of fellow students on the stage or we turning as hi-tech organizers and burning our machines to organize Fest are truly cherishable .. Movies,Music,gossips,trips all in one package and a sense of togetherness..  

Every relation goes through a testing phase and everything started towards the end of college life and "The dark lonely times", time has distributed them to all. Some Sadness is part of everyone's story and Some Sunshine is part of everyone's life as well. Repeating the famous dialogue from Rang De Basanti.. "Agar College gate ke iss taraf , hum life ko nachate hain.. toh dooji taraf , Life humko nachati hain".


For the past few years i have been away from such beautiful people and not talking while in the mode of trying to make something out of my life to become my own self but today at this pit stop in the life's race, when we need to celebrate a decade of our friendship together , i am forced to think , have i become the same introvert , confused , dull guy as i was before meeting this wonderful people ? Or did i ever change ? 


Time and situations have separated us all , changing our lives , giving our end of the thread and we have definetly moved on holding them tightly , communicating at times , sometimes pulling the strings towards each other to meet up. And here i am Raising a toast  for all my friends i wrote about for the wonderful bond we share together and hoping for a promise to be kept for continuous celebration and togetherness for a lifetime.




1 comment:

  1. Good one ra..the opening paragraph is a winner..:-) i think you wanted to end it a little too soon..should have written a little more..:-)

    ReplyDelete