Tuesday, July 17, 2012

3 months In the USA.


Aahhh .. 3 months in USA and a finally I got something to post in my blog … just like any first timer , I too had thoughts , fear , anxiety all combined into one .. Boarding the first flight of my life not only boosted my energy levels  but also made me realize how beautiful the earth was at night. The aerial view of my hometown Hyderabad was so amazing and just can’t be expressed in words. Overcoming the anxiety of going to US for the first time in that entire week, I truly realized what I was missing. The Small world of the best of the best friends, family, my niece and nephew and spirit of Hyderabad suddenly became so huge in that one moment.. Will be ever grateful to have them..

USA was one of the “TO VISIT ONCE IN MY LIFE” countries and to land in the place like 
San Francisco .. (one of the  most happening places in US) was indeed a better start. The sequence of anxious thoughts in my mind of how I am going to live in this new place, made me fail to get a memorable first impression as soon as I landed. Thanks to my team mate (who came with me in the same flight) who at least taught me how to walk on the pavements and Cross walks in USA.  If I vaguely remember I must have used crosswalk/zebra crossing only twice or thrice unknowingly in India. (C’mon man I am a hyderabadi Indian , I have the right to skip them [only in India]).  The WOW factor came in when the ascending escalator from the underground transit station lead me to a beautiful view of the city with sky scrapers , busy roads , people buzzing around , singers , musicians and amazing artists performing on the streets and many more ..  Being a foodie , not to mention the amount of food outlets owned by people around the world , mention the cuisine and you will find it here.. yet to explore things here but definitely San Francisco is the place to be .. but you can’t hide the truth that whatever happens especially in the financial district is “run for THE money”. ….

It was just that I was going to get into the  “I am busy buddy , can we talk later” , “Today was a hectic day at work..sigh !! ” mode , just like those white collared labor’s do , The trip to New York and Niagara falls and hanging out with the gem of the couple and my dearest friends Vasanth & Arathi was truly a good start for the beautiful moments that I had to experience during my stay in the US.  The Road trip from Plymouth (Philadelphia) to Camping overnight at the Allegany state park to visiting the majestic Niagara falls to the endless Joie de Vivre at the Empire state building , Central park , Times Square and the New York city itself .. made this one just a Kick – ass trip.

I have already made short visits including the light house at the Point Reyes ,  The Mystery Spot , and the  17 Mile drive. And each place was scenic and beautiful in its own ways.  But at the same time , probably the saying goes “Grass is always greener on the other end” , I am truly missing my homeland and the heavenly place on earth realizing that there are lots of unexplored places and hidden from the eyes of a   desperate traveler .. !!! 
I am still pursuing , this journey of mine in USA hoping to unleash myself time to time and explore with joy what this beautiful place has got to offer .. of course with Friends & Company .. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Here's wishing you many successful and memorable journeys..:-) keep writing more, u sure have a lot to tell..:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you shall have many more memories of the place :).

    ReplyDelete